Aly's Spain Adventure

Read about what I'm doing while in Spain so you can keep up with me!

Name:
Location: Des Moines, Iowa, United States

Monday, September 11, 2006

Day 10

Hola todos!!!

So Day 10 was Sunday. It wasn’t greatly eventful which was okay. I’m very tired anymore. Anyway, since I went to bed so late I was very tired and got up around 1pm. My friend Emily and I had made tentative plans to go to the rastro (flea market) on Sunday around 10 but that didn’t happen because we were both sleeping. So once I woke up I got showered and had a bocadillo and decided to go to the rastro then. Emily said she would meet me there with her aunt who was visiting and so I got on the metro and got off where she told me to. Emily’s aunt is from Germany as well, however she knew Spanish quite well so that we could all communicate. The rastro was HUGE. There was street after street of stuff: shoes (zapatos), purses (bolsos), bags (bolsas), sunglasses (gafas del sol) and so much more. Unfortunately I didn’t have much money and it was pretty late so I didn’t get to look for much but I did buy some really great earrings (pendientes) for 3euro and a 5euro pair of gafas del sol. After that Emily and her aunt went to Plaza Mayor but Emily let me use her internet and computer and that is how you all received Days 7,8, and 9 on my blog. I was there for a few hours and then went home. We had made plans for dinner at 9 but I was tired and didn’t feel like going out again so I just let Emily and her aunt enjoy dinner together and I stayed home. I had some salad and spaghetti (their “tomato sauce” from the can is a little different than ours). I was a loner and watched Brokeback Mountain on my computer (for the first time!!!). I did a little homework and surprise surprise! got a wonderful phone call from Mike!!! Around 1am I decided to go to bed. That was pretty much my whole day Sunday. Not very eventful but that’s good because you can only have so many eventful days in a row. Hehe Hasta manana!!! (See you tomorrow)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home